The Advanced Science Research Center (ASRC) is CUNY's premier interdisciplinary research institute built for scientific discovery and education.
The ASRC is designed around five dynamic research initiatives, each
occupying an entire floor. The initiatives bring together high school students,
undergrads, grads, post doctoral researchers, and faculty members to
collaborate on expansive new research yielding practical benefits for society.
The IlluminationSpace is an immersive learning environment featuring interactive, motion sensing exhibitions highlighting the fundamentals of each research initiative at the ASRC:
- Structural Biology
- Environmental Science
Currently we are offering In-Person field trips which include:
- Exploring the ASRC's interactive IlluminationSpace visitor center, students
- Discussion with our Science Facilitators on what research and interdisciplinary science is all about
- Meeting guest scientists from one or more of our 5 interdisciplinary research initiatives who share the journey of their career and the social significance of their research.
-Tour of the ASRC lab facilities and get a feel for academic life at CUNY is like.
All students go home with CUNY admissions packets.
Trips are appropriate for grades 6-12 and undergraduate students.
CURRENTLY TRIPS WILL BE POSTPONED IF NYC COVID POSTIVE RATES EXCEED 9% according to NYCHealth Data Portal
For access to the ASRC, all visitors must comply with the following:
- Vaccine/testing requirements
• Every visitor to a CUNY campus, whether accessing indoor or outdoor spaces, must provide proof to CUNY that they either (i) are fully vaccinated OR (ii) have had a negative COVID-19 molecular (PCR) test performed by an accredited lab no more than 7 days prior to the visit***
- Cleared4 approval notice
• Vaccine or negative test must be verified through CUNY’s Cleared4 application.
• Instructions will be emailed to you in advance of your on how to claim your account. Please allow for at least 1 business day for approval of your Cleared4 account from time of submission.
- Enter through the ASRC main entrance (via the plaza) and check-in with Public Safety. You must show the officer your Cleared4 pass before you are authorized to enter the building.
- Comply with all/any social distancing, PPE requirements, and/or other COVID-19 safety measures which are in place at the time of your visit. Please read full ASRC COVID-19 Public Health and Safety Policies for current restrictions.
A full list of participants with contact information will be required 1 week in advance of trip to be registered under the CUNY CLEARED4 App.
***Unvaccinated participants will need a negative PCR result within 7 days prior to the class visit.
2 weeks notice